Would you take God off your sign?

In this video, a homeless man whose family lives in a "miracle bus" is panhandling. He is offered $20.00 if he crosses the word God off his sign. 

If you were in his shoes, would you cross off the word God? why or why not?

Conversely, If you don't believe in any god(s), and you were in this same situation, would you write "God Bless You" on your sign if someone offered you $20.00 to do so? Why or why not?

clarity333

Asked by clarity333 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Religious Debate

• If I were homeless there are much bigger things than adding or taking off certain words from my sign, that I'd be willing to do. MUCH BIGGER.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 9:00 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think people fake faith all the time to benefit themselves, just look at the politicians. As for me, I would not cross God off my sign, I don't want Him to cross me off His list either. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If they do not want to help me because I believe in God, then I do not need their money.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• IF he truly believes, he will NEVER take God of his bus for ANY amount of money.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• There is not enough money in this world to make me remove anything I have with God on it, or to turn my back on Him. He is more real than anything this world could offer, including and especially money!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I think the person offering the $20 bucks was just being an ass. The guy is living in a van with his family, who cares what a sign says.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I don't think that was a very nice thing to do. If you have the money to help those who need helped, you should do it whether they are Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, Sikhs, Atheists or anything else. I see the person who would make someone else choose between a meal and their freedom to believe in a God or not to be the bad person in all of that.

MmeC419

Answer by MmeC419 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• no i wouldnt either way. i would figure that person is just playing with me and the hardtimes of my family for their own amusement and wouldnt not give them the pleasure.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Id leave it and tell the people to kiss my ass.

Answer by gemgem at 12:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No I wouldn't take it off.
    I think its B/S (sorry) for US to start removing anything that was here before all the whinning came about. No body said Hey you all come here for a "better" life and change our world. YOU came here for a reason. Now its EVERYTHING ABOUT US, GOD, REBEL FLAG, PRAYERS, PLEDGES ... what ever is offending SOME??? nobody said you dont have the right to live as you wish or pray to whoever you want to, take a section and do your own thing... why should we have to change what was here before any of this offending crap came out??? Don't like it.... deal with it. if it offends you, dont look, dont go, dont use. ( just my opinion)
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 12:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011