Do you think it is ok to question God and the bible?

I believe that if we didn't question them it would be an insult to God. What do you think? I don't think we should follow the bible blindly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Religious Debate

• You have to remember that a MAN wrote the bible, and so we should question it because it was someones opinion.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 12:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I wish more people would.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• of course. Everything should be questioned. Its how we grow as a species. If we never thought or tried anything new,we'd be extinct now.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I questioned it... thats why I am Atheist :)
    Chaotic_Rayne

Answer by Chaotic_Rayne at 12:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I'm going to disagree. It's ok to ask God questions. I don't think it's ever right to question God! There is a big difference between asking Him questions and questioning Him. I've been guilty of questioning Him before, not gonna lie. But, He has proven Himself to me over and over, and I know He knows far better than I do what is best for me, He has His plan for my life well in hand, and questioning Him,and second-guessing Him only prolongs the inevitable, good or bad, because His will will always be done, not mine. JMHO.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I agree. I believe He would rather have us believe out of genuine conviction after serious consideration than have someone believe blindly, without giving it any real thought. Questioning shouldn't be seen as a bad thing, it should be encouraged, because without the ability to question, to dig deeper, there isn't much room for growth... It all comes down to the idea of rejecting an idea being bad, though, which isn't something I agree with. The same answer/path isn't going to work for everyone, and each of us should continue to question until we find the answers/path that *does* meet our needs.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• As for the Bible, I don't think we should question it, either. It was given to us by God, and written by Prophets, Apostles, and Disciples, as they were inspired by God. We are to search the scriptures,and not take what we are told as truth, but to search the scriptures to confirm it. So far, everything I've searched has been confirmed in it, and I have no doubts about it whatever.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I'm going to disagree. It's ok to ask God questions. I don't think it's ever right to question God

But, he gave us the ability to think critically and he made us very curious its part of every human. Don't you think that ignoring that part us us would be an insult to him?

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• *of us
    Anonymous

• Think about it..... Why would a god put us fresh water mammals on a planet that is over 70% water?
    Chaotic_Rayne

Answer by Chaotic_Rayne at 12:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2011