What are your thoughts?

Iraq signed an agreement today that all American troops will be out of their cities by June 2009 and completely out of Iraq by 2012. What are your thought? I for one am glad the war is finally over! My daughter-in-law will be coming home in January!

pinkink

Asked by pinkink at 10:52 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Finally. Unfortunately we cannot pull out right away and I agree it will take some time. Hopefully way before 2012. I will be so glad for our men/women to come home. America needs to take care of herself right now and stop running to other countries. Let them figure it out on their own!!!
    We need to bring America back/close the borders and straighten our country out!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:40 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I'd like a link...but IF it's in fact true...woohoo. I know it'll only be a matter of time before they're shipped out somewhere again (it's inevitable), but it would be nice for all of them to come home at least for a little while. I have a good friend that's going to be stuck in Iraq through Thanksgiving and Christmas >:(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:53 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I don't have a link I just saw it on Fox News this morning. It was signed into effect this morning by the Iraqi Parliament.

pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 10:55 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• unfortunately, from what I've heard it puts our troops and contractors under Iraqi control, and no english version of this is being made available to congress.
    as much as I want to see us out of there, I'm worried about this.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Dates are a joke. We should withdrawl as things improve and not by some stupid date. We cannot garantee what life will be like over there by a certain date. The Iraqis deserve a good life too, they are also human and need help and THANK GOD we can help!

And this is from an Army wife, my husband wont be home til mid summer at the end of his 15 month deployment.
    Anonymous

• We can only hope that this is true.
    Candy_407

Answer by Candy_407 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Parliment did in fact approve this measure. However, don't count your chickens before they hatch. We still have another war on our hands so nine times out of ten our men and women in uniform will just be moved from Iraq to Afghanistan. But this goes to show where Iraq started and how it has ended up. We did make a difference in that country and that is what makes serving your country worth it.
    Anonymous

• uhhh.. the war is over? no it's not....were still in afganistan
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I dont' think my husband or the rest of the men and women stationed over there pumped their fist victoriously after being so generously "allowed" to stay there for another 3 years.
    "
    Anonymous

• Great. Now the terrorists can place a nice big red circle on the withdrawl date, so they know by which point they need to have their next attack planned!

It's like putting a sign on your front door, saying "Gone on Vacation until spring" and upon your return being surprised that your home has been robbed!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Nov. 28, 2008