Post partum bleeding? adult content

So DD is a month old in a couple days. A week ago my bleeding had completely stopped. Today it started almost like i just gave birth again. Im confused, is this normal? And anyone ever use a tampon before 6 weeks? Would it really do that much harm?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Health

• i didnt use a tampon until my next regular period. I bled for a MONTH. ugh so gross! it stopped and started based on how active i was.. dont over do it!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It is normal for the flow to stop and start. If it starts that heavy again, it usually means you are pushing your recovery too fast and should slow back down on physical activity. It really can do that much harm to use tampons. You do not want to end up with a uterine infection.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• if you do to much it will make you bleed again. I wouldn't use a tampon until you have a regular period. I bled for 6 weeks my oldest then my youngest I bled for 4 weeks stopped for a few days started bleeding again a few stopped it did this until 6 weeks.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I bled for 5 weeks with my first and 6 weeks with my second. I did not use a tampon until I was completely healed and doc gave me the ok.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I bled for over 6 weeks with both of my deliveries, and I did not attempt to use a tampon until I was on my 2nd real period so I new for sure it was actually a period instead of PP bleeding.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I bled then stopped & then bled again so I think its normal. I didn't and wouldn't use a tampon though.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2011