Do people who strictly believe in Creationism not believe in dinosaurs?

If you take Genesis literally, then there would either be no dinosaurs or they would have had to lived with people.

So what do you think about dinosaur fossils?

I'm only asking people who believe that teaching evolution is wrong.

(Personally, I always took it as metaphors, the days were more like millenia and that evolution was a part of God's plan).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in Intelligent Design and dinosaurs. They are proving more and more that the methods they have used to date fossils is faulty at best. I personally believe most dinosaurs were wiped out by the flood during Noah's time. If you really are looking for answers, go to answersingenesis.org.

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I love this question. My pastor answered it SO wonderfully when a little boy in my church asked it. I can't remember his exact words, but he said something to this effect.
    God is mighty and way more awesome than man. His day may not be 24 hours. It may be 24 hours but his hours are much longer. God said he made man and beast. He didn't say what that beast was. God made dino's, and he also made man. Everything was in God's seven day plan.

God is so mighty and awesome, why wouldn't his days be more mighty and awesome than our manly days? When I was in high school in southern Indiana, why science book tought creationism.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:21 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• You won't see any HS teaching creationism today! Science teachers have been fired for even mentioning it! Another really good resource about Intelligent Design is the movie "Expelled" with Ben Stein. It is informative and quite funny!

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Dinosaurs appear to have eaten from a different Tree of Knowlege.
    Jennifer875

Answer by Jennifer875 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I fully and ONLY believe in creationism. And yes I believe in dinosaurs. This site will give you all the information you need without me having to type it all out :) http://www.drdino.com/
    trusting_in_HIM

Answer by trusting_in_HIM at 1:28 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I believe in creationism and dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible. The name is just not "dinosaur".
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Bonn! Where in the bible, please? And what were they called? This is one thing which has kept me believing the bible is a bunch of fairy tales for years! Not saying I will start believing in Christianity, but I would like to see about the dinosaurs!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/what-happened-to-the-dinosaurs
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• The bible called then great beasts i believe
    ColleenF30

• I believe in creation. Christian opinion is that the bible is most certainly not to be taken literally it is symbolism to teach a general point. Dinosaurs and other concepts of no significance were not included. God creating people was an important point to be made as well as the point that he created the creatures God knew we would associate with. What he did before the creation of man is not important to teach us any lesson. It is merely a matter of our own human curiosity.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 27, 2008