Is your child a picky eater?

if so do you fix "special" meals for them?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• My 9 yo is incredibly picky, which is odd since she was raised the same way her brothers were and they'll eat anything! I do not fix special meals for her. She can eat what we are eating or she can fix herself a peanut butter sandwich.

Answer by missanc at 12:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No. We all eat together, and they take what they know they like, and they eat what they take. Our rule at the table is, only take what you can eat. So if there's anything I've made and they don't like it, then they don't take it. It's that simple. The only "special" meals I make are Birthdays and Holidays.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:32 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• He's picky with the foods I give him, but will eat anything off of anyone else's plate. When I want him to eat healthy I just act like it's my meal! Kid ate 2 servings of peas that way :)
    Anonymous

• Yes! It seems like the will only eat mac and cheese, cheerios and gold fish crackers.
    LeePhi

Answer by LeePhi at 12:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My daughter is rather picky. I don't fix special meals.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yes, I did and I regret it. It was a few years of jumping through hoops. In hindsight I should have offered only what I was making and as a few moms on here have said they could have a PB&J sandwich and fruit if they didn't want what was made.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• yes my 18 month old is picky. he cries if he sees carrots? which is weird cause he used to eat anything. I make him separate foods, but i would anyway since he eats at different times. when he gets old enough to understand he will have to eat what we eat or figure out something else.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No, but he goes through phases--like for the longest time, the only thing he wanted for snacks was strawberries, now he's sick of them. I let him pick his own snacks and breakfast (ie waffle or type of cereal and I just eat what he eats) but lunch and dinner, he eats what we eat.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i dont fix special meals but i dont cook things i know their not to fond of either...
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• yes and he gets over it. I DO NOT fix seperate meals.
    angelrach86

Answer by angelrach86 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2011