Is it true that if the u/s says Girl then it's not always a good chance?

I know I worded that bad.... I guess I want to know how accurate it is that it will eb a girl, they checked twice and said girl but I heard one doc say " it's always hard to tell with girls"...
Have you ever been told girl and got boy?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Have you done the three-line test with the U/S image? That's what squashed my fears about my daughter. Also, if you're far enough along (at least 18-20 weeks) then the chances of it being accurate are much much higher than if you had the gender u/s at, say 14 or 16 weeks. I personally don't think they should even do the gender u/s until later...but whatever. I was FREAKED OUT thinking that they might have gotten it wrong, and sometimes that fear still lingers in the back of my mind, but you can look at the baby's privates and if you see three straight lines (or the McDonald's arches, as my ultrasound tech cousin told me), then you know you're having a girl. That's the clitoris and the labia, lol. The three-line test doesn't work with boys :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:52 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I would keep in mind that although the ultra sound machine is USUALLY right, Its still a machine. A man made machine.. You could still have a boy.. Good luck..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 11:36 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I haven't, but my Aunt thought she was having a girl through her entire pregnancy...then SURPRISE!! she had a boy :)
    ELC

Answer by ELC at 11:41 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• OMG ultrasound today is so more high tech than 14 yrs ago when I have my first. they now have the 3d image. I wish that was there back then. I think the chances are slim that it is incorrect, but even with the tech today, there is always a chance for error.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:44 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I asked again at 24weeks during an ultrasound when they were taking measurement to make sure, she moved to that area and you could clearly make out a vagina.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:23 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• The tell will tell you how sure they are and pint out why they came to that conclusion. Both of my girls they were like 90% sure and point out what they called hamburger buns for the little girl parts. For my boys they called it a hotdog, they were sure for one not so much for the other the first time.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 12:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• It is rare but my cousin had this happen.If they see 3 lines there is no mistake.However if they don't see a penis and that is how they are judging it can be wrong
    misskitty98310

Answer by misskitty98310 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• With my daughter all her parts were very visable, the vulva and all so i had no doubts, i would say as long as they could see where the umbilical cord was ans it wasnt in that area and hands and feet were where you can see them then you are pretty safe but nothing is 100 percent! I havent heard of any personal mess ups with people i know or myself
    blazenangel5

Answer by blazenangel5 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Mine told me I was having a girl in two different ones. I had a boy!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I found out with all three of mine what they were going to be...the u/s was never wrong. I have one boy and 2 girls.
    ronibaloni

Answer by ronibaloni at 2:10 PM on Nov. 27, 2008