change in sleeping habits

My son is 23 months, he was taking 3 hour naps and sleeping 10 hours a night...last week he caught a cold, but was still sleeping fine...the past 2 nights he doesn't want to sleep at all, he cries and just wants to play...so I took him to Urgent care today thinking ear infection...no he's totally fine, except a little cold...what is going on? Why would he all of a sudden change his great sleeping habits...how can I get him back on track?

ELC

Asked by ELC at 11:34 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• he can't breath through his nose and doesn't know how to process that. i use a humidifer in my sons room during the winter. i don't know where you are but in ohio the air can get pretty dry. my son sleeps a lot better with the humidifier.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 8:00 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• oh and there is a vicks liquid that you can put in the humidifer that will help too.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 8:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• He is also probably ready for a shorter nap time.

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:36 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Thanks, he is sleeping better, but he falls alseep in the living room and doesn't want to be in his crib, I move him after he falls alseep...maybe its time to find a big boy bed :)
    ELC

Answer by ELC at 2:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2008