This is ridiculous !!

I found this article http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41959553?GT1=43001
its about a woman who got fired for been wiccan or a witch I was WTF??! how come at this point in time people are so ignorant?? she was bullied just because of her religion I m not pagan and do not know much about this religion but seriously what those people used to get her fired is plain ridiculous What is your opinion ladies? now we have to explain to our coworkers our religion or get fired?

gou18

Asked by gou18 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Any way you look at this situation it was discrimination. I don't think it was fair what they did to her. No matter the religion, she wasn't trying to convince others to join her "coven" or tried to convert anyone so I think she honestly has a case against them. Explaining her religion to co workers would of struck up a religious debate. She was there to work and get paid not give wiccan lessons. Seems they were grasping at straws and afraid of what they didn't know so found other reasons to fire her.
    RayneStorm3

Answer by RayneStorm3 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• This is why I do not tell coworkers what my religious beliefs are. Because I was almost in her shoes! I was a supervisor of Printing at a pet products company. One of my employees was an ex-Pagan turned major bible thumping Christian. He was being investigated and eventually went to prison for child molestation. Every time one of his court hearings was getting close you could tell it because he'd start talking about God and how Dh and I are Pagans and though he never came outright and said it, he would couch a reply in humor about going to hell. Eventually rumors started to spread that we were "casting spells on people". Eventually my boss had to get involved and had to threaten both our jobs over the rumors. Those stopped after that. But shortly after he quit the job and ironically, he cast a damn spell on a cross and left it in the print room. lol. His last day he said "I'm leaving it so maybe it will persuade you to god."
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• well that is completely illegal to ADMIT you fired her for religion. she will get a settlement if she is smart and sues them.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• That's completely freakin illegal to fire someone because of their religious beliefs. She can sue for that.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Here is the clickable link...HERE

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• So in short, he did something I'd never do which is try to change someones will. Hows that for moral! Oh yeah, and he was eventually convicted and is currently in prison as far as I know.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• How crazy is that?! That is completely insane. I do not think anybody should be judged because of what they believe. if she is a good worker and does her job well, how does religion or belief affect that? Goodness...what is this world coming to.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• That is ridiculous. It's sad that in this day and age that people still can't be open about their beliefs in most places without being harassed and ridiculed.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I quite agree with you, it is ludicrous .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Bump...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 12:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2011