Dinner Ideas?

I have a chicken breast to cook tonight. Not sure what to do with it. I was thinking to cube the chicken and cook it in some kind of sauce and put that over rice. But not sure what kind of sauce. I'd love a teriyaki sauce but I don't think I have any. This is my MIL's house so I have no idea where stuff is or what is actually here!

She does seem to have a good supply of soups. Any ideas?

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 12:32 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• what kind of soups? you could cut up grilled chicken and make a hearty stew. If she has cream of chicken or cream of mushroom you can make a cheesey chicken and rice casserole from campbellskitchen.com the recipe would be on the back of the can if she has it or look here http://www.campbellskitchen.com/RecipeDetail.aspx?recipeId=27173&ref=%2fSearchRecipesResult.aspx%3ffilter%3d%26q%3dcheesy%2bchicken%2band%2brice%2bcasserole%26fbid%3dD4VKApK78_6&fbid=D4VKApK78_6

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I'm making noodle stirfry with our chicken tonight. Since you have cream of mushroom I would make chicken enchiladas with it. I poach the children breasts and shred them. Cook some green onions in a little butter and mix your chicken in. Stir in a can of cream of mushroom, 1/2 a package of cream cheese (if you have it) and a small can of diced green chilies. Use this to fill flour (I like these better) tortillas and then mix a can of green chilie enchilada sauce with the other half of the cream cheese and heat (if you don't use cream cheese, you can mix in cheddar or colby jack or leave the cheese out). To the enchiladas with the sauce and bake at 375 for about 30 minutes.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• bump

AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 12:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I know she has a lot of campbells soups. Not sure if she has cream of chicken cuz I just ate on other day! But I'm sure she has cream of mushroom too.
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Satuee the chicken in some Italian Dressing and serve the chicken with pan drippings, over rice with some steamed veggies.
    Cube chicken and cook breast in light olive oil and mix with any pasta, your choice of veggies (I prefer, peas, black or kidney beans, and corn) and make a sauce of olive oil and redwine vinegar, or any store bought dressing works to make a nice pasta salad.
    I make a sort of faux mexican skillet using cubed chicken, rice, corn, & black beans seasoned with taco seasoning and fresh cilantro (optional), a little lime juice is nice too. Tortillas served on the side or crumbled on top are nice too.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 1:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Cut up the chicken use cream of mushroom, cream of chicken or any cream of what ever you like. Add shredded cheddar, monery jack, hot pepper cheese, Which ever you like or have will do. Chop an onion an add that too. Hot peppers would be yummy also. Mix everything together. stuf and roll tortillas with the mixture. Add onions, cheese and salsa on top bake @350 until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve with all your favorite taco toppings and a side of rice.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I don't have any kind of tortillas here. His MIL isn't big on Mexican food so I'm sure she doesn't have that. And no $ to go buy anything either. So its whats here only. I think I'll do the cream of chicken casserole if no one else gives a better idea. Though everyones sounds wonderful I must work with what I have.

SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2011