Omg i feel horrible...

our youngest is 17m.. and im just now starting his baby book and i forget exact moments to write down.. what kinda mother am i? this should have already been done =-(

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Do the best you can with it. Don't be too hard on yourself. Is he happy and healthy? You are a great mom!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Don't feel bad. My youngest is 5 and I never wrote in his book. I can recite every date for my oldest, but I have no idea when my youngest got his first tooth. You become too busy to remember the small stuff. But it doesn't mean you don't love him with all your heart!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I don't even have a baby book book for child #2 or child #3.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It's okay na. You must have been busy. Remember the moments now & write. :-)
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 12:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I'm with 1smartcookie- no baby books for #2, 3, or 4 :( You're definitely not a horrible mom- and I'm sure if you get with your DH or your parents or inlaws that you can come up with things to go in the baby book! Trust me, if this is the worst thing that happens, you get mother of the year! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It's ok my parents never done anything for me.... and I haven't finish my sons but I wrote a lot down so I know when he did most of the things
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 12:39 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• OH! Honestly, ask any mother with more than one child and she'll guilty glance over at her 2nd born, 3rd, etc and say "Yeah, tell me about it."

My 6 yo has TONS of pictures from all stages of life because I am addicted to my camera. However, she has one-half started scrapbook because some how life with two kids and all that comes with it made it a lot harder to get her pictures and notes down into an organized fashion than when it was just my now 8 year old's baby days.

I can assure you though, that Meg doesn't really care as much as I did at first. She's just content to know that we remember her first word and the approximate time she said it. ;) She's happy with any silly baby stories we can tell her and she's much, much more worried about whether I'm going to stick with her as a Girl Scout leader going into Brownies next year than whether or not I got down all the details of her first steps.

It'll be ok.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I don't have a baby book at all!....I felt SO guilty about it at first but....life happens...can't be too hard on yourself mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yes, we have SO much time for these thngs with our first. And then life gets hectic and we go through our busy mom years when we are lucky to sit down with a cool drink! Write down precious things about him and why he is so special.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• dont worry about it, there is a lot of people that doesn't even made it for the first baby.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2011