Two part question!!!!

Question One: How much do you guys really buy your kids for christmas?
I remember when I was little getting mounds and mounds of stuff but it was littler stuff. Now they want $300 Dinos! My son is two and we have cut down ALOT this year from last year. For two reasons, one becuase we dont have as much money and two becuase his presents took over the living room and took over 3 hours to open HIS presents last year alone!!
Question two: How many of you actaully tell your kids Santa doesnt exsist? I don't know if I really want to have him think that Sanata is real. I like to be honest with my kids. Any advice on if I should tell him or not? What would the down side be?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS GIRLS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in General Parenting

• I don't think little kids need really expensive toys because it's a waste in the end. i don't think you should tell your kids about santa because that is giving a fake guy all the credit for all your hard work.
    Anonymous

• I never give my kids more than $15 in gifts. I try to make them gifts that count, not more stuff that will collect at the bottom of the toy box, forgotten by valentine's day.

I have told my kids that Santa is a character like the little engine that could, Dora, or Little Bear. He's a fun idea that people like to make books and movies about.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 1:25 PM on Nov. 27, 2008