my brother and his gf are staying at my house until monday but are complete slobs what do i do...

for one i dont like smoking in the house so i made an exception cause DH started smoking and that they could smoke in the kitchen and they smoke in the living room and then they dont pick up after themselves... espically his GF... i made them help me clean yesterday and after 15 min they decided they were done... uggh the house was still a pit... i want to tell them to go some where else but money is tight... he will be leaving on monday but still what would u do???

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 11:54 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Holidays

• I'd really make them aware of it.. ask them if this is how it is at their house, embarass them, make them feel bad - get through! Don't let them thrash your house.. I'm sure they wouldn't want the same thing going on in their place.. even though it probably is disgusting where they live lol.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:17 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Nix the smoking to outside till they are gone (or permanently) we all smoke outside no matter how cold or hot it is. I would tell them clean up or leave and leave it at that
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I agree I made it clear a very long time ago that there is to be no smoking in my house. It gets in the upholstry and your house will smell like smoke. I was having the same issue but what I did to keep from causing any drama, I posted a sign that was visible upon entering that said NO SMOKING, please go outside to smoke. I never had trouble again. Its a respect thing for me, most people automatically go outside to smoke now days. One thing that I also did with company is when I got really sick and tired of the mess I got up early one morning and started to clean I mean I threw their crap in the room they were staying in piled up like a bag of trash. If they left stuff laying around it got thrown away. I sat a trash can in the middle of the floor with a sign USE ME. Lesson learned! You have to take control of your house.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 9:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2008