Had custody court today. not a question...but a relief

So I moved across the country a year ago and my ex has been fighting me about custody. Finally after 2 court visits, I'm almost done.

When we went in Sept, I got what I asked for but today they added to it and made it better. He appealed and they gave him 6 months to get a lawyer and he never did and I had a good one!

The old order had the same visitation but now if he is behind on his child support, he doesn't get his visit b/c it's crazy for me to put out a few hundred dollars when he's not supporting her. Also, if he doenst get his half of travel costs to me within 30 days, she doesn't go.

He gets to see her for spring break, 6 weeks in the summer, 5 days at thanksgiving, and 1 week at winter break.

In 6 months if he hasn't caught his child support up (he's $2600 behind), he will be in trouble possibly jail time. If things are going smoothly, the judge will transfer the case to where I live now so I don't to worry about coming all the way here everytime he decides to make a fuss. I'm happy with this outcome!

Sorry not a question...just a relief

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 12:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Wow,,,,good for you. I'm very glad it all worked in your favor.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:39 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Glad to hear things worked out so well!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 12:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• YAY!!!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 1:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2011