Mirena Removal?

Well I have had my mirena in for just about 5 years now and it is due to be removed and I am very excited about it because I am going to start work on baby #2 now. So my question is does it hurt to have the mirena removed? What should I expect?

tricky_mommy

Asked by tricky_mommy at 12:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• It is uncomfortable but not painful. No worse than a pap, although it is an odd feeling when it slides out. Expect some cramping and possibly spotting.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I would think u most likly have cramping like when they put it in I haven't gotten my remove yet Haha only put in but my sister in law got hers remove and then put back it and she was cramping
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 12:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• doesnt really hurt much easier coming out than going in small pinch kinda i had mine removed march 17th and the body changing back to normal is a rollercoaster im having pregnacy symptoms now but i dont know if its from the removal or having sex befoe removal? but good luck!!!
    kolbysmama20

Answer by kolbysmama20 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2011