Wisdom tooth extraction......

So may, I will be getting my wisdoms removed. It's growing in laying down and it's kicking my butt...
Has anyone had their wisdoms extracted?
Pls tell me what to expect?
What was your recovery like? If your working how many days did you take off, if any?
Thanks ladies!!

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 12:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Health

• I had all 4 of mine out in 2002. Went into the office, they put me to sleep, and when I woke up,the teeth were gone. Mine were so bad,they were affecting my hearing. Recovery wasn't bad. Not much pain, except I did get a dry socket. Went back into the office, he packed it,and I had no more problems. In fact, a week later, I went to my sons' graduation in Dallas.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I had one of mine taken out about a month ago. I'm pregnant so I couldnt be put to sleep. I really recommend being asleep if possible. I was given tylenol 3 for after issue and that helped. I wasnt in too much pain but I hung out in bed for a few days.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• just take their list seriously.... read it BEFORE your procedure. no straws (OMG NO STRAWS..... or smoking.... the pain of a dry socket is worse than a thousand childbirths) and take pain pills as prescribed, don't wait until it hurts or you'll be playing catch up w/ the pain and it'll ruin your day
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I got mine when I was 17 it suck Haha but my didn't heal well its painfull but if they give u some great pain meds you with be ok
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 12:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Ok thanks ladies! Very helpful!
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• not a big deal , didnt miss work ,
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I wasn't working but my recovery wasn't very fast. I didn't eat well for a couple weeks. I had all 4 removed out of the gums. I remember needing someone to be my "sitter" (for me & my baby) for the entire day b/c I was on pain meds & slept a lot.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2011