How to stop it

I haev twins girls who are totally different. Ava will go to bed, with a bottle, music and night light and fall right to sleep. But Isabel, no matter how tired, if I try that method she will get herself so upset that she throws up all over the place. We try this about onece a month. All other times, we have to bounce her to sleep in a bouncy seat, then leave her there until she wakes around 1am, then move her to our bed. How can I get her out of this without cleaning puke every night????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have used teas in these situations such as rosemary and chamomile 20 minutes before bed. try it.
    safiya

Answer by safiya at 6:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• How old is she?
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 6:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• whats the age? this is immportant info...
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 6:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I also have twins and one will go to bed after being tucked in the other one threw up or head bangs. what we do is she will start crying and we just ask her do you want us to leave the door open and she says yes and we leave it cracked. It sounds like to me that your child might have some seperation anxiety and needs to feel like he/she is still connected to you. She hardly ever cries now when we put her down for naps or night time. Hope this works.
    AmeyR

Answer by AmeyR at 7:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I rock my son in the glider while he drinks his milk, then rock him for about 5-10 minutes. He usually falls asleep in my arms, then I put him in bed. You could try that with your fussy daughter. I know it takes patience to rock a child to sleep, but she's your baby... it's OK to cuddle with her. :)
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• It could be the type of milk she's drinking. Ask your pediatrician, and maybe change her diet.
    Momofcinco

Answer by Momofcinco at 11:50 AM on Oct. 8, 2008