Online School

I hope to go back to school, I like photography and graphic design but would like to do it online. Anyone knows if I can...? A while back ago I was also looking into Medical Transcriptionist to do at home but I wasn't sure of a good school and wasn't sure if it'll be a good job for the future too. Any good schools for the careers above anyone knows of...or good careers that can be done online? Will really appreciate the help.

-Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in

• try looking into the art institute's online degree programs. they have one for photography, and also one for graphic design... good school, i like it very much... just a suggestion...
    hanniwrencher

Answer by hanniwrencher at 12:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Whatever schools you look at, my advice is to do your research and to try to talk with graduates of the program you are interested in to see how they found their education experience and, more important, how employers and other schools looked at it. So many for-profit schools cost much more than a community college, vocational school, or even a "traditional" college and they do not have the same reputation. Usually classes at these schools do not transfer or are not accepted by more traditional schools. This could be critical should you decide later to upgrade your degree. You also run more risk of the for-profit closing down suddenly thereby leaving you with a partial degree and a load of student debt.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• There are very few jobs left in medical transcription. Since most medical records are digital now, few doctors require transcriptionists anymore, and the few jobs left have mostly been outsourced. Just thought I'd let you know! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:36 AM on Apr. 7, 2011