Do you really think Ford will go out of business?

I need to buy a car and ford is just so much more affordable for the quality. But all this stuff about ford going out of business makes me nervous. Some people say that oh there is no way ford will go out of business and that the media is just using scare tactics for ratings or something and some people are saying that they definitely will. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with G. We had a local ford dealership for YEARS that was a main source of employment for my small town. It went out of business a few years ago b/c it wasn't making the parent company enough money. I kinda have the idea that if Ford and Dodge can survive the depression, they can survive this.
    jltplk

Answer by jltplk at 3:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I find that funny. I just watched this link...
    http://info.detnews.com/video/index.cfm?id=1189
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 12:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• No. But of course, I don't believe any of the stuff that goes around at election time. It's just a media hype!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• No Ford is safe.
    momma_2_three

Answer by momma_2_three at 12:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Ford will NOT go out of business. just look at the major stockholders. These are NOT people that are about to lose all their money.
    Jennifer875

Answer by Jennifer875 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I don't know...that's really shaky I stay in Ga and 3 ford plants shut down with in the last 3 yrs
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 2:10 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Other major carmakers have gone out of business. And even if the COMPANY stays in business, it's no guarantee your local dealership will do so.

So. Get the car you want and a good INDEPENDENT mechanic. Check this site out for help: http://www.cartalk.com/content/mechx/find.html

Answer by gdiamante at 2:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I agree on getting an independent mechanic. except for warranty work.
    Jennifer875

Answer by Jennifer875 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I think that eventually they will. Others are...
    Candy_407

Answer by Candy_407 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Of the 3 Ford is the safest. I just bought one 9 months ago, and my parents are looking to buy one within the next couple months. Honestly, I cant see ford ever going under.
    tgiamt

Answer by tgiamt at 2:37 PM on Nov. 27, 2008