Would you continue dating a man who tells you that he has herpes or HPV? adult content

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 1:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Much as I'd love to pretend it doesn't matter, and say I would, I honestly don't think so. I'd imagine this is something that would come up fairly early on, and for me, I don't think I'd be invested enough in the relationship to stick with it...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Was married to my first husband for 20 years and he got herpes from his first wife, we were really careful and I was tested all along especially when I was due to have my daughter well we are now divorced have been 4 years and I never was infected
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 1:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• no.
    Anonymous

• Depends, I guess you could say. 1) if you have ALREADY had contact with him in that way then there is a chance that even w/o an outbreak you could also have it. Does he take meds too? Always condoms ....

and if you havent been intimate with him then you might want to do some research on it. AND ALWAYS be cautious condoms etc. depending on where you all are in your relationship I guess would depend on wether or not you would put yourself at risk.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It would depend on how much I was into him,, if I hadn't already had sex with him,,,if he was just someone to date,, I would probably move on,, and also If I wanted to have more kids,, I would have to have intercourse without a condom,, so if that was the deal breaker, I would find a new guy!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't continue to date him.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Sorry, my life is too important to sacrifice on a new relationship that may not work out. So, No, I would not continue dating if I was told this.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Uhm, HPV is not preventable through using a condom, so that's not a truly viable option. Considering that 1/2 of sexually active men have HPV, it's entirely possible that you have already had sex with someone who has had it. Just a few thoughts to consider.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• no, but thats just me. i dont want any stds but i think a man is being a real man for being honest about someting like that.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• as shallow as it is no, I wouldn't still date that man, I have kids to think of first
    RedSoxWife

Answer by RedSoxWife at 3:46 AM on Mar. 29, 2011