Does anyone else's computer "freeze" when on Cafe Mom?

Okay I am computer stupid, but when I am on cafe mom, my computer freezes, the only way to get it back is to shut it off. I have virus protection, and it lets me stay to look at or answer about 6 or 7 questions then freezes? Does anyone know how to fix this? It started about 2 weeks ago? Any help would be appreciated!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 1:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in About CafeMom

• This weekend it kept doing that. It was so annoying. It wasn't my computer, because everything else was fine, it was just this website.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Mine doesnt freeze but the pages don't seem to upload right...I click on a question and a blank page pops up...I might have to refresh the page 2 or 3 times before anything actually shows up....I think it might be my internet connection though cause when I went to my mothers house yesterday with my laptop I didnt have that problem
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• When that happens it's normally the website your on. It's done it to me. Since Friday only some pictures come up on here but on faceboook all my pictures come up. Also, sometimes it's the net you use.

Over the weekend my computer got a whole upgrade from my S/O it works faster now but still cant see pictures. He's thinking it's the aol itself.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I think it's all the darned pop out advertisements they have added. It's super annoying and I've thought about just quitting cafemom.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• yes
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Is there anyway to stop it,, it has frozen in the time it took to ask the question!
    kimigogo

Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It's from the ads. Depending on what browser you use, you can see which web address it's trying to load that's slowing you down (each ad is stored somewhere else). If it's the same one always hanging, block it so your browser won't load it anymore.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2011