Have you ever done jail or prison time? is it as bad as it seems on TV?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 1:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Entertainment

• No I havent. My cousin has though. He says "Its all fun and games until youre sharing a cell with a 350 Cuban who refuses to shower". I am guessing it is THAT bad.

Answer by gemgem at 1:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• 350lb*

• LOL Gemgem!
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My brother recently spent a week in jail because of possession. It was traumatic . . . there are blind spots and guys get raped and beat up all the time! 1 in 7 men get raped within the first two days of being there. It is terrible. You don't get toiletries and have to "pay off" the other inmates to leave you alone.
    Anonymous

• in middle school we had a session of gym that was swimming. i was fat and it was co-ed and I had 44dd breasts while almost every other girl was still developing. I skipped 7 gym classes (in bathroom crying... attended all other classes during day, just skipped gym) and after 7 I was arrested (cuffs, yup!) for truancy. I was in a juvie max. security place that looks just like adult jails on TV. single "cell" though and everything stainless steel and a concrete slab bed. I cried non stop and they thought I was a suicide risk (even though there was certainly nothing in there to kill ones self with) so eventually they took my glasses away! I think I was there 9 days, When I returned to school swimming was over and it was kickball, which I loved. It was a surreal and bizarre experience, lol .... totally scared my ass straight though
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I worked inside a jail for 13 years. Yes, it is as bad as it seems & worse. Plus you never forget the smell either.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• For 58 days I was in a jail. I had to wait for my bail to be dropped. It is that bad.
    One day the police came into the pod, (an area which holds more than one cell and has a day room and many possibilities of staff infections), Gave us these cards which were used for the vending machines the trusties got to use.
    Well they gave us cards with money on them and told us to get what ever we wanted, the greedy people in the jail went for it. I knew something was up.
    It turns out that the police were trying to make jail look nice and comfy while these reporters with cameras walked through. In the area I was in a girl was punched the stomach after being restrained! So the reporters were there for that reason.
    No it is harder because they only show you the nice stuff no matter what. And the stories you hear from the officers or not true.
    Especially late at night when thye have to check if everyone is still alive or present.
    Anonymous

• No, but my husband works as a booking officer at a jail and he use to be a detention officer (at the same jail). As long as you don't cause problems and you have good behavior it isn't that bad.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My Daddy is a minister who ministers to the correctional facilities in OK, So. KS, & Western MO & Western AR. Yes, it's THAT bad! Boy, can he tell you some things!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I agree with Specialwings. But JeremysMom I guess has to believe in her husband's words. But I know that my Uncle went to jail on parking tickets and the police officers introduced him as white meat to the population when they let him into the room full of other cell mates.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 1:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2011