Vegetarians

Do you like the vegetarian bacon and other meat substitutes?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 1:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yep, love them! I've been eating them for many, many years and have most of the various incarnations and brands. Was there one in particular you were wondering about?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I admit, I'm not crazy about the bacon plain (but then, when I was a kid and ate meat, I never really cared for pork), but we love to make BLT's with them! Have you tried that? Yummy. We use the morningstar farms brand of bacon. Their maple-flavored sausage patties are delicious too.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Oooh, anything from Morningstar Farms is fabulous! Especially their sausage links. :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I was a veggie person for 8 yrs. Then got pregnant with DD and couldn't stand to eat veggies! We started to eat meat again and all was well and never went back. But yes I love some of the substitutes and once in awhile I'll buy a boca burger or something.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I was a vegetarian for 3 years and stopped when I got prego too! Anyways i could eat a boco burger and the boxed meat subs like the speghetti"meat" mix or the sloppy joe stuff. But the other stuff made me really sick to my stomatch.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• One of my favorites was the bacon. So I guess its just individual choice.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My daughter likes most meat substitutes except the bbq ribs it tasted too much like the real meat and it made her guilty so she wont eat it... morning star brands are real good and the veggie patch brand is good too and dont forget the boca brand...
    terep001

Answer by terep001 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No I really don't like the substitutes, but I do keep trying!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No particular brand or anything, it just seems like among my vegetarian friends, I'm the ONLY one that likes the bacon lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No longer veg, but when I was I did not eat fake meat.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2011