A God exchange?

I was thinking about the boy who claims he saw heaven, and wondered if it would be more impressive had he seen Allah, and came out of that surgery with reports that leaned more toward a Muslim belief system, that he never heard anything about, prior.To me, his brain simply imagined more of the same stuff he was influenced to think.

That got me wondering, if Allah or the prophet Muhammad "revealed" himself to a christian, would they resist a relationship with him? Yes or no? Please explain your answer.

* If you are not Christian, you can exchange that denomination with your own, including atheism. 

clarity333

Asked by clarity333 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Religious Debate

• But that's just it, I have never heard of that happening. I have heard what you described (once by a close personal friend) but never Alla, Buddha, etc. Why is that? Because God is real!

---------------------

Why is that?  It's because it's far more common for people to "see" and give details about what they already know. 

No God is any more real than any of the other Gods.

Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 10:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I don't think the name for God that you use is as important as the relationship you have with Him. If God told me to call him Allah, I would oblige.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Jewish, Christian and Muslim god are all the same entity. They all originate in the Old Testament of the Bible. The only difference is what language a worshiper speaks, and each has its own variation on the name. It would be no different than if it were a French boy, and the vision he saw was of a being who referred to himself as Dios.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Allah is another name used for God...
    Now the question is... (no offense to anyone here), but what if this
    child woke and claims that God was a Lady... a beautiful Lady, would Christians (again no offense)
    have a spiritual relationship with her? Just a thought...

Oh and I am Wiccan and believe in balance which means a Mother Goddess and a Father God...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Well, they are the same God, even aside from my belief that all perceptions of the Divine are the Same - Allah is just the Arabic word for God, and Muslims, Christians, and Jews all believe in the God of Abraham.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• The Devil has his way with dreams as well so I would not be quick to assume it was a revelation from God.

This statement makes me very curious.  How would you know if the dream were something that "God" inspired, or if it was something the "Devil" created?  On what would you determine this?  How can you be certain of anything, then, if the Devil is up to such devious tricks?  What is the litmus test that you use--or would you be skeptical of everything?

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 5:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• "I don't think the name for God that you use is as important as the relationship you have with Him. If God told me to call him Allah, I would oblige."

I have to agree with Scot mom. I feel the same way. I personally believe that all Gods are one God just with many diffent aspects and names(I believe the same with the Goddess) I (depending on what aspect I am needing at that moment/praying to) call the God Anubis or Cernunnos. but if He came to me and wanted me to sudenly start calling Him Allah then thats what I would call Him. just like I call the Maiden aspect of the Goddess Persephone, the Mother aspect Isis, and the Crone aspect Hecate if She came to me and told me to call her  Artemis(maiden), Inanna(mother) or Inari (crone) then I would call Her that.

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 1:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I wondered if they would give up that emotional resistance if the prophet Muhammad revealed himself to them.--

probably not, as they/we consider him to be just a man. therefore, it'd most likely be contrued as a dream, nothing more, nothing less. (oh and, not all xtians believe in the Trinity, either. as with not all who believe in God are xtian...*shrugs*)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• And, not all Christians agree on those issues (for example, there are MANY Unitarian Christians) - the differences do not always stand, and believers in those religions can have more in common than you'd think. Those differences don't change that these religions all come out of the Abrahamic tradition, regardless of how many Christians who don't understand Islam try to say its not the same God. I am a Christian, and have NO resistance to the prophet Mohammad or the religion of Islam. And I'm not the only one.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I think it would be no more or less valid however it would be a bit more interesting if he had said Allah or a belief he had never heard of
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2011