how do i get my 27 month old daughter from crying so much?

if her spoon, fork, or cup falls off the table when she is eating she will scream then cry. if i am holding her and her shoe falls off her foot she will scream then cry. if we are in the car and her toy falls on the floor she will scream and cry. its aggrevating how do i get her to stop doing it?

trenitysmommy

Asked by trenitysmommy at 1:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My best advice would be just to try to calm her down by telling her it's okay, it's not a big deal, things like that. Then maybe try to make the same situation silly by kicking off your own shoe and laughing about it.
    Fala

Answer by Fala at 1:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I am getting the same reaction from my 27 month old nephew! I think it is the age and the level of language maturity that they are at!

I usually just tell him it is okay. If he doesn't stop crying then I tell him,J(his name)thats enough now. Auntie doesn't want to hear all that crying!" He usually stops.

He reacts this way because someone makes it a big deal at home. Someone has made him feel like it is the end of the world to drop a shoe, toy, food, or piece of silverware! My sister yells and over reacts when he makes a mess so he feels it is a bad thing to drop something.

Make sure your little one knows it is okay, by smiling at them when it happens and saying it is okay, and enough now! Help them pick it up and be done with it! Don't make it a big deal!
    Strssdmom72

Answer by Strssdmom72 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I have a 32 month old girl. She is the same way! She has been this way since the day she turned 1! She cries all the time over every little thing! It drives me crazy! Everyone in our house walks on eggshells around her because anything can set her off and make her scream and cry!
    ihave3turkeys

Answer by ihave3turkeys at 1:06 AM on May. 28, 2009