What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you do it? Why not?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 1:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in

• I am a writer so yes I own my own anime company so yes
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• When I was very small I wanted to be a Vet. But I could never handle blood so that went out the window by the time I was around 12. Then I wanted to be a psychologist like my mom and aunt, but they said I should be a lawyer because they made more money lol. I really just wanted to be a wife and mom since none of the women besides my grandma in our family did that. So that is what I did. I ended up going back to college and getting my degree in Psych and Human Services Management too.

Answer by gemgem at 1:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• A mom, and yes - I have 5. As far as a "career" I wanted to a be a teacher and yes I have my degree and teaching certification.

Answer by missanc at 1:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I wanted to be so many things and none of which are what I'm actually going to school for.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• A doctor or a singer/songwriter. I couldn't finish the premed track because only the top 25 percent were allowed to pass chemistry at my university . . . . I was not :( So, I had to change majors. I do write music and sing, but only as a hobby. I never had the guts to take anyone up on passing my demo out or working with me. Now, I am afraid, I am just too old.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I wanted to be so many things. I'm not a surgeon, or an actor, or a storm chaser, or a lawyer, but I did once say I wanted to be a radio DJ and while I'm not a DJ and no longer want to be I do work in radio WITH the DJs.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I always wanted to be a mom. As I got older that turned into a mom and a teacher. I have my bachelor's in Early Childhood Education. I have an in-home daycare and stay home with my three kids, so yes, I am doing exactly what I wanted to do.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I've wanted to be a writer since I was in preschool, but I'm not pursuing that because I don't feel that I have the talent for it. I'm not terrible, but I'm not great, either. My other dream, which is equal to writing, was to become a midwife. I'm currently in school raising my GPA and getting my nursing pre-requisites to pursue an MSN (to become a midwife).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I wanted to do very involved animal work. Maybe raising lions, training whales, studying marine life, raising horses, etc. The first thing people always suggest to a kid who loves animals is to be a vet but I always wanted something more than spaying, neutering, and vaccinating house pets. I went the mommy route very young so I never studied or practiced in this field at all. If I had to pick a career, that'd still be my desire. But the mom in me won't let me take on such a career cause of the danger. I don't want to be the mom that an elephant tripped over and accidentally killed lol. I'm a SAHM and will most likely continue to be for a long time. It has become my passion and I'm happy with it. If I work outside the home later, it'll probably be for mothers as a lactation consultant, doula, midwife, or something of that nature.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 1:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• There wasn't a specific thing I wanted to be when I grew up (ie: career field, job..).. There were things I wanted to do and accomplish (travel and live in other parts of the world, help people, expand my knowledge and understanding of the world/it's people..etc).. Yes, I accomplished the things I had wanted to grow up and accomplish.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2011