My son has a rash all over his body. He woke up this morning and he is head to toe red bloches. I haven't changed landury ditergents or fed him anything new.

I noticed that last night when I was changing his dipper he had a red spotted rash on his tummy under the dipper. I put dipper cream on it and put him to bed thinking that it was just a dipper rash. He is acting normal no fever or spots in his mouth. I have given him benadryl and it helped a little, sooo anyone have any idea what the heck is wrong and any other treatments?

Amber1109

Asked by Amber1109 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Health

• My daughter had something similar when she was a baby, it was like tiny red spots all over her. Took her to the dr and they said it was a skin virus (similar to chicken pox but that's not what it was) and to wait it out. But, if you take the baby to the hospital with a rash you will likely be seen immediately because rashes can be contagious....
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• My son is turning 7 months and he got something similar if not the same thing when he had just turned 6 months. The dr had put him on a new med but when I took him back they said I had given him something that made him break out. I think they were wrong because he breaks out in those "hives" every once in awhile. They go away in a few days. Usually it just comes from something he has touched.
    Mommy2Jayden08

Answer by Mommy2Jayden08 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• diaper. its diaper. sounds like hives but with a young baby, I would call the dr. to be sure.
    Anonymous

• fifths disease? His Uncle had that when he was young and thats the only reason my mother in law figured it out after thinking about it all day. It looks just like that too. Still no fever. So that may be it. Have any of you ever heard of that?
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2008