Depression medication

I just found out that I'm about 5 weeks pregnant. Is it alright for me to continue to take my Depression medication or should I stop? My doctor (Not my pregnant Doctor) said it "should be fine"... Should scares me.

NoraKdara

Asked by NoraKdara at 1:23 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's fine - I was on Zoloft for my last pregnancy.

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Call your OB and ask. I know they probably won't see you for a few weeks, but I would call and talk to them about the specific medication you're on. 

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Most of the time if you are already taking it your OB/GYN will tell you to continue the medication. They may only lower the doses. But talk to your OB/GYN first before you make any decisions.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:37 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• hi i just found out im 4 weeks pregnant and im taking prozac the obgyn said this was fine ur always safer than sorry so check just in case.
    brandism

Answer by brandism at 12:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2008