DH won't communicate with me

My DH and I have been married for 3 years. He has 3 kids and i have 3 and we have very different views on parenting. It seems we disagree and argue over EVERYTHING. When I try to talk to him, it immediately leads to an arguement no matter how I choose my words. We've been to counseling and it helps for a very short time then we are back in the same boat. I think he is very selfish and really does not care about what is important to me. When issues arise, we will go several days w/o talking then the issue is just sept under the rug like it never happened. I don't usually bring it up again b/c it only leads to another argument.

I also know his kids do not like me b/c I am always the "bad" guy bringing up issues like chores and laundry. Any advice?

momofMEG123

Asked by momofMEG123 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• If he doesn't want to make it work with you, you can do nothing expect you follow his rules.

yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• My mom has taught me to be a very stron women and now days she even tells me Im a hell of alot stronger then she is. My husband and I have been married for almost 4 yrs now and if I dont like the way something is going to heading then I do not ever hesitate to lay it down for him. I know he loves me and as long as it stays that way, he will always make sure that I stay happy. So my suggestion to you is that you spill everything out to him and if his kids treat you like crap then tell him your not going to put up with it any more and if you guys cant come to some kind of agreement as far as the parenting goes then its more then likely not going to work out. But let him know that this is it and your not putting up with this for one more second.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Continued.... No one deserves to be in a marriage like that so what do you have to loose? He will either take you 100 percent serious or he will just be a morron and let his marriage fall apart. Be a women and stand up to the issues that you guys are having and let him know that its not a game any more. I hope this helped and good luck to you... he didnt marry you for the hell of it so Im sure he will find a way to make all this work.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:15 PM on Nov. 27, 2008