Dollar tree

would u trust hair dye from the dollar tree?

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You have to be careful with health & beauty porducts from Dollar stores. Our local news did a story on some of the products. They found that many of them had been shipped from Mexico (and other countries) that don't have to follow our FDA regulations. For instance, they found what looked to be regular Crest toothpaste. But, further investigation found that it was manufactured for Mexico, who doesn't fluoridate their water. So there was extra fluoride in it. This results in over-dosing US citizens as we flouridate our water. Toothpaste for the US is formulated accordingly.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Iv used it from the dollar store. Came out just fine. not any better or worse than paying full price in my opinion.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• honestly I woundnt I would be too sacread that it turns out bad. But you could try it like they always recomend it on a few hairs before putting it all over.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 1:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• You could always give it a try and buy one from another store if it doesn't work well. hmmm
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Be careful girl!! I would be scared my hair would fall out or turn green. Search onlie for coupons for the products you like and I bet you will be able to save and your hair will look great too!!
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• wow i def wouldnt recommend it , i dont use any of the cheaper products anymore because u get what u pay for
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I've used it a few times and it's well worth $1, I'd say--didn't burn my scalp. I pick up hair color wherever its most convenient for me at the time I know I need it. I've used many different kinds.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 6:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't trust it, not when I can go to Sally's and grab color for $4 and then the developer for $2 that will last for quite a while. I think that when it comes to hair, you should be more careful in what you buy. Also, remember that when you buy a drug store color kit, you aren't controlling the developer which can lead to burns, over processing and damage.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 1:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• no
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2011