OMG Ban Looney Toons!

I'm sitting here watching Looney Toons and its a wonder all kids who grew up watching Sylvester chase the mouse isn't all homicidal murderers. I mean thats why we ban violence on games and stuff right? In 30 minutes I've saw more hitting, spanking, even Sylvester smoking! OMG whats wrong with us! We enjoyed this stuff. And ya know what. For the most part we don't go around beating people. We don't go blowing smoke in peoples faces to run them out of their little hole in the wall. And even if we do spank, its normally not abuse.

I just find it funny how some people react. If any modern day cartoon put smoking, hitting of friends or other acts of violence in their cartoons it wouldn't end up on TV.

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 1:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Entertainment

• i grew up on looneytoons and still love watching them. my son age 5 watches them sometimes with me and he just laughs at the sound affects... as he puts it...meep meep zoom_________. i will say sometimes when were watching it ohh that wasent nice..but all in all least for now hes more into the sounds.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• its a cartoon, if someone can't teach their kids the difference its not the cartoon's problem!!!!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Looney Tunes is MILD stuff compaired to say the cartoon Archer, South Park and many many other bad influences on TV today.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I grew up on Looney Toons. I see your point, but the most trouble I've ever had with the law was a speeding ticket,and I know very few people who ever took the cartoons serious,either. But, I see your point. I was watching the Twilight Zone marathon on New Year's,and told DH that it amazed me, Rod Serling smoked as he introduced the episode. Almost every character in every episode smoked. If it was today, no one would be smoking! But, back then, they thought nothing of it.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• lol. I agree with y'all. I hate censorship anyway. :)
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I agree with some of the other points made here, but I wanted to mention that I think there is a huge difference in the violence on the cartooned animals on Looney Toons and the hardcore violence perpetrated by very realistic human characters on many of the video games available to kids today. I'm not promoting censorship, I'm merely pointing out why I'd be okay with my kids watching Looney Toons but not playing certain games.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I grew up watching looney toons and I knew it was just for fun and was taught that in real life those things could do real damage...
    terep001

Answer by terep001 at 2:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It is the parents responsibility to teach right and wrong. I don't leave it up to cartoons.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 2:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Are you serious? Please tell me you're joking. Have you seen todays cartoons? OMG! now, that's beyond violence and plain weird.
    Talking about taking the fun out of being a kid. Old cartoons were meant to make you laugh.
    KukyLopez

Answer by KukyLopez at 6:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• yeah if it isn't obvious I was being sarcastic. Still no cartoon today is going to have their characters smoking.

SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2011