• In the Spotlight:

How do I get a permanent marker stain out of my husband's leather chair?

My niece, who is 7 and should know better, decided that it would be great to teach my 2 year old how to draw on the furniture. So they both drew on my husband's leather chair. How do i get it out? I read somewhere that WD-40 would do it, but I don't have any on hand. Does anyone have another idea? Thanks! AND Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

nazratred

Asked by nazratred at 1:35 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Home & Garden

• WD-40 IS THE ONLY ONE I KNOW OF, AND IT IS SUPPOSED TO WORK WELL.
    boy_or_girl

Answer by boy_or_girl at 4:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• WD-40 or a product called goo gone
    Jennifer875

Answer by Jennifer875 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Call a furniture company and ask them, or call where you got it from...or if you have the tags from it....or look online.I also heard goo gone is good
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• i don't know if this would work but it's worth a shot, finger nail polish remover or windex. It might not be good for the leather though
    lovelily79

Answer by lovelily79 at 12:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Hair spray - I saw it on that show where the two British women clean up gross houses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Fingernail polish works wonders on permanent marker, and its alright to use on leather. Just have a damp washcloth in your other hand bc the ink will start to run.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:56 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I am going to try that stuff...The WD-40 didn't work and it did on my leather jacket when it got pitch, so now will try the polish remover and hairspray. Thanks ladies!!
    nazratred

Answer by nazratred at 1:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2008