HOW DO I GET MY 11 1/2 MONTH OLD OUT OF MY BED. BUT HE IS IN MY ROOM.

WE LIVE IN A 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT WITH MY STEP DAD AND BROTHER. HE SLEEPS GOOD IN HIS BED BY HIMSELF BUT STILL WAKES IN THE NIGHT AND THEN WON'T GO BACK TO HIS BED.

Pretty_Mommy_22

Asked by Pretty_Mommy_22 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i usually wait until they go back to sleep and then put them back in their bed. However you have to not give up you have to remain calm and keep putting them in their bed tell them how they are a big boy or girl now and that everything is ok. explain that you will be right there in case they need you. The key is to assure them that they are safe without you in the same bed with them.
    safiya

Answer by safiya at 6:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Maybe he just needs to snuggle with mama for a bit. *shrugs* Then again, I coslept with both my children--my 2 year old son is still in bed with us, though is four year old sister is now in her own room. She still asks to sleep with us at times.
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 7:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I shared a room with my son for 9 1/2 months (I lived with my P's b/c DH was deployed)... he went to bed just fine in his crib, but would wake up in the middle of the night & come into my bed. We moved to a new place & he got his own room. He slept ALL night on the very first night. I think he KNEW that I was in the room at my parents' house & wanted to cuddle, but when he got his own room it was quiet and he slept so much better. He has not slept in my bed since then.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• YOU WILL HAVE TO DO WHAT I DID. WHEN YOU FEEL THEM GET IN YOU TELL THEM SORRY HUNNY BUT THIS IS MOMMYS BED AND THAT IS YOURS PLEASE GET Back in yours!
    friends4me

Answer by friends4me at 12:10 AM on Jul. 10, 2008