Teething?

My almost 6month old son has 2 teeth that poked through his gums already and he is getting the two top ones and another 2 or 3 bottom ones.
Last night he got a little bit of the runny poop and didn't eat all of his bottle but ate all of his solids.
This morning he woke up and he ate a 6oz bottle, and a half container of solids like always. We go to Wal-Mart and get a few items and i come home put him in his pack n play and he starts getting whiney and fussy. So i make him a 7oz starter sippy cup, he drank an oz and then got upset. SO i gave him some Tylenol, went downstairs made my oldest son lunch and got him ready to eat. while he was eating i went upstairs to try feeding 5month old son and he did the same thing as before. So i drained the nipple in his mouth and he then drank it, but when i picked him up to burp him he vomited a little of it up. So i changed his clothes brought him down to play, the next thing he pooped but it was runny again just like last night.
He and his older brother was around my mom who was sick friday night when she babysat them so my husband and i can get a night away from them. So he was exposed to being sick, but he is also teething.
i did call a nurse and she said to watch both of my kids just because they were around someone sick, but she said watch for other signs on my 5month old. She dis say they can get runny stools when teething, and fevers. But she didn't mention his eating, which i mean he is eating smaller amounts of formula but ok on his food.
So my question is can teething cause babies to eat less also. My oldest son when he was teething never got anything on teething, i had no idea until his teeth popped out. But with my youngest he is getting the symptoms

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes! the nipple can hurt there gums! some with sucking! my dd nursed less while teething! just keep offering food and he will eat when he wants to! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Its completely normal for a teething baby not to eat. As long as he is eating and drinking something, I wouldn't worry!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Your 5 month old eating less could be because his gums hurt. Maybe "biting" down on the nipple to his bottles and "gumming" his solids bothers his sore gums. Have you tried baby orajel or anything like that? Maybe some of that would help before eating.
    MommyNMay

Answer by MommyNMay at 2:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2011