christmas?

ok, so hubby doesn't want to get our dd anything for christmas, because "what's the point in opening her gifts when we know what they already are", AND "we have people who are gonna buy her stuff that we're not gonna know about",...i feel like we should be getting her stuff, even if we know what it is just to see her smile about it when we get excited about it instead of her just sitting there watching us and then being in the car where we cant really do anything with her.

BTW my dd is going to be 6 mos on the 2nd of Dec.

Ladies, what are you opinions??!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• *shrug* I dunno...my daughter is due sometime next month and we're not getting her anything for Christmas. Provided that she's actually born by Christmas Day, she's not going to know or care what Christmas is until at least next year...and even next year when she's a year old she won't care about what Christmas is. With your daughter being so young, Christmas is still a little more for you adults than it is for her right now. She'll be happy either way you go.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• When my girls were babies, i bought them things, even if I knew what they were already, and the girls had no clue what was going on..just didnt matter to me.
    lilmizmoore

Answer by lilmizmoore at 2:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• My daughter is 9 months and i bought her stuff who cares if u already know what they are when they open the gifts u get them u get 2 c that beautiful smile on there face that u gave them
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• You buy the stuff for your daughter, and then your husband won't know what it is LOL

At 6 months, she really won't be all that into it, so I would just go with a few small things.
    Anonymous

• I would mainly get things that she needs, and maybe a special first Christmas keepsake, but I have to agree mainly w/ your DH, no need in spending much when she has no clue what's going on.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 3:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• My son was only 4 months when Christmas came for him and I bought him things. I bought him toys, clothes, and necessities. I remember also getting him things that he could use ALL year. Some stuff he could not use right away but he grew into them. I just could not have imagined not getting him something.
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 3:55 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I just bought and gave it to my kids at that age....no wrapping needed. No special day needed either
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I would still get them things. Toys are just starting to become important at this age. PLUS it's an excuse to buy clothes for them (which they are always in need of with how fast they grow).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I would get her something. clothes, a board bk, some sort of toy, special 1st christmas ornanment.... You don't have to spend alot.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:30 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• My daughter will be 9 months on Christmas Day and we bought her tons of presents. Most of which she can/will grow into. It's not about how much you spend... it's the thought that counts.
    newmommyhjm

Answer by newmommyhjm at 8:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2008