Push up bra

I saw on the fb that now A&F has bikini padded bras size 7 at 7 yrs old there is nothing to push up, for me there was nothing to push until i was 16 lol.. but for me that is not even the shocking part they will make anything for money I bet that if they could they will make g string diapers, the shock is there is a market for that since those companies would not sell a pair of socks without having a marketing test and be sure that there is a market for it, so ... I wonder who the heck is buys this for their girls ?

gou18

Asked by gou18 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I honestly dont see the big deal. My girls have always worn bikinis and when they are small theres nothing sexual about it. I have also noticed they sell bras at that age now because girls are in fact starting to get breasts at an early age. Would I buy one for my kids? Probably not. But to each their own.

Answer by gemgem at 1:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• At 7 I was a full B cup. More than enough to push up. And as I said on GMAs post about the same thing, I don't see any issue with it. A bra is a bra is a bra, what ever makes them feel confident, works for me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i dont think it is so much the parents buying it as the kids and their friends..plus.. some of these kids now have a big of weight to them and can fill a bra.. much different from when i went to school!!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• saturday night live has a fake joke commercial about g string diapers - they have jean print diapers - AF has long marketed sex - it makes sence - it is their scheme - dont shop for your children there - it costs way too much while they are growing and their ads are all about sex. (and the men in the ads are just my taste! thin and muscular and clean cut! yum!) and i got boobies in 4th grade - not big ones but i needed a training bra for the "nips" - i could see girls loving the padding just like wmen do - to hide when you are cold and "at attention."
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Well, my 10yo is so small that she still needs an XS bra so those wouldn't even fit her. A size 7 would be big on her probably. Not that she needs one. She has some training bras but her 8yo sister wears them more than she does (she'll be 11 this summer but only wears a size 7 in jeans and a 7/8 shirt).
    I was already starting to develop at 8 and by 12 I was a full C cup so by 10 I was probably a B cup.
    I have no intention of buying my girls padded bras but if other people want to that's their business. I got slammed years ago for saying I bought my then 6yo bikini style underwear which they said was wrong and oversexualizing her. None of them seemed to care that they fit her better than regular briefs which stuck out of the top of her pants and came half way up her chest because she has such a short waist. Bikini style fits her like briefs fit regular shaped girls.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I see the point about been overweight but A&F does not sell for overweight and there is nothing wrong with something like thisbut the models they are selling are more like this I  was more for whats up for been just a kid ? going to the pool in summer whitout worring if you look good ? but i guess is not like that anymore

gou18

Comment by gou18 (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• umm. my niece had a size C by 10! Just saying! Then you need a good top!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:17 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Pageant moms buying so their pre-pubescent children can win a bigger trophy?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2011