This is for all those amazing MIL...

I see, at least ince a day, a question or vent about awful MIL.
So this is a post for those who have really wonderful MIL that they love and appreciate.
I know I do. She is an amazing woman, sweet, loving, dedicated to family, and all around awesome...
Who else loves their MIL?

Mme.Langley

Asked by Mme.Langley at 2:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My MIL is one amazing woman and I am blessed to be in her family.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 2:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• <3 my mil! The ILs live much closer to my work than I do, so I will go there during my lunch break (couple hours) and rest or eat (she has given me permission to eat whatever is there). It is great to know I have a place to go on my full days!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• What a refreshing change of pace for MIL's, you are a lucky lady, mine is no longer living but I could not say anything nice about her.........

Answer by older at 2:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't say I absolutely "love" her. I do respect her and have no issues with her. She's a good woman though a bit aloof. Right now were living with her and she's been an absolute gem!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I love my MIL too.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I love mine! She has always been there for me and DH. She is a wonderful grandmother for DS. He loves her with all his heart. She was here when I needed her when he was born and still is now. She's a nurse so I call her all the time just to ask questions. She helped me plan my wedding and even helped pay for it when my family and made of honor fell through. She has always been encourageing and never sticks her nose in places where it doesn't belong. I wouldn't say we agree on everything but I know she won't hate me or storm out me if we have a diffrent opinion.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• @ Older: thank you. She really is the nicest lady and would do anything for the people she loves. And she is so much fun. When I met SO, he was still living at home. And i didnt feel like it was appropriate to stay the night, out of respect for his parents. After about a year, she actually invited me to stay the night at their home, so we could all hang out, and play guitar hero all night. It was a blast, and since then we have been pretty close. I can be honest with her and just sit and chat with her for hours. Its really nice. So it kinda makes me sad when i hear the MIL from hell stories. I would hate to not have her as a friend. I even had her in the OR with me for my c-sectiom, instead of my own mom, who i am also very close to.
    Mme.Langley

Comment by Mme.Langley (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Thanks for all the responses ladies. It is so nice to hearother good stories about MIL.
    Mme.Langley

• I absolutely adore and look up to my mother in law. She inspires me to be a better mother, wife and christian daily. She probably doesn't even realizes exactly how much she means to me. I am very thankful for her b/c growing up i didn't have a mom....she took off for drugs when i was 6. So it truely blesses me to have such a wonderful MIL. I just pray i am half the mom that she is to my son and more.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I too have an amazing MIL. I'm closer to her now than I am to my own mom. She raised the most amazing son, so I look at her as a wealth of knowledge for me to learn from in raising our DS. Not only that, but she is one of the funniest, fiestiest 5' people I know! This is hilarious as her DS (my DH) is 6'4". Seeing her raise her fist at him and tell him she could still stand on a chair to beat him was one of the funniest things I have ever seen! We are frequent co-conspirators in pranks and shenanigans. I am SOOOOO lucky!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2011