I had a dream. (sensitive subject for some-tubal pregnancy)

WOW. Im weirded out right now!
Last week I read a story about a woman who had a miscarriage, but the Dr. missed the other baby & it was born healthy (twins)! --FastForward A few days-
My BFF calls to tell me she is OTW to hospital. Later I get word she has has a tubal pregnancy & is in surgery...
That night I had a dream we where sitting at a table & I was hurting for her loss & she said to me that she was still pregnant with the baby & it was the most amazing feeling hearing those words! And i reached for her hand in excitement. (Dream ends)... 2 days pass she is in hospital...
I get word today the drs. are getting readings that she is still pregnant! And are trying to figure out what is going on & they are trying to see if they should take her other ovary. (she lost one tube/ovary already)...

IM FREAKING OUT!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I hope this means good news for your friend, as it did in your dream. Unfortunately it's not that uncommon to test positive for pregnancy shortly after a m/c or tubal pregnancy... it can take hormone levels time to dissipate. To clarify the situation, the doctors can do sequential beta hcg tests to see if the levels are doubling, rising slowly, or falling. Generally numbers that roughly double in 48 hours are most likely to indicate a healthy pregnancy. Numbers rising but rising slowly are more likely to be a tubal pregnancy or a non-viable pregnancy that hasn't yet been miscarried. And numbers dropping slowly can be normal following a m/c or tubal pregnancy.
    To use myself as an example: I had a m/c diagnosed via u/s at 9.5 weeks- no h/b and pregnancy measured weeks behind. Numbers continued to rise slowly for 2 weeks until I had a natural m/c. Then hcg numbers dropped, but still tested + for pregnancy for 6 weeks.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:39 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• wow. that gave me goosebumps!! ..
    i was told by a doc i was having a tubal pregnancy an i needed to end the pregnancy asap. I REFUSED!.. 6 hours later they decided to see where it goes and they gave me all the info on how i could die blah blah blah.. welllll 4 weeks later they found out where the baby was and today my baby is 3 years old. sooo yeah i understand !! its so hard to go through that ..i cried for 4 weeks straight until they found the baby exactly where she was suppose to be.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 2:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Something similar happened to my sister. Miracles happen everyday I guess!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I just pray ... VERY VERY HARD.. if there is a healthy baby in her that they will not take it.. that God will sheild them from finding it!
    They want more kids very bad & are amazing people... and it scares the crap out of me her ability to have kids at all in the future is in the hands of drs right now..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• and then i feel bad because I cannot tell her a dream of that manner. KWIM? but then ... ya.. as if i wasnt having a hard enough time coping the best person i know is in the hospital ....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Con't. I'm not trying to be a downer- there are definitely cases where doctors are wrong about tubal pregnancies. In fact, an ER doc during my loss kept trying to treat me for a tubal pregnancy and I kept saying no because I was not convinced I had a tubal pregnancy at all. In fact, I didn't have a tubal pregnancy at all- though I still had a non-viable pregnancy in the uterus, so it wasn't a happy ending. I do hope, as I said, that this is a good sign for her, as it was in your dream. I'm just putting out a different perspective because unfortunately I've got lots of experience in what beta hcg levels mean both from my m/c and from bleeding in otherwise healthy pregnancies with my living kids. I will be keeping your friend in my thoughts, and wish her nothing but the best.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Freela-- Yeah I understand. Im mostly hoping the drs dont do anything that is not needed. All to often drs get ahead of themself & play it "safe" & end up taking a womans ability to have future kids..That is what im afraid of..
    I am not (by far) expecting my dream to come true -- as amazing as it would be -- I just thought my dream + her updates was a bit crazy!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2011