How release the stress that forms through the week?

I wanted to know how to release the stress that builds up through the week. I could use some suggestions on how to do that. I don't want my stress to lead to a depression but I just don't know how to release the stress.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• A glass of wine and a good TV show or movie after DS is in bed.
    A lot hot bath with lots of candles.
    A call to my best friend.
    Sometimes just going to bed early and waking up late.
    Or waking up half an hour early to enjoy a cup of coffee on the front porch before the day really begins.
    Writing a very long, detailed email about all the things that are stressing me to my husband (he's deployed). Sometimes I send it, sometimes I just need to write to get everything off my chest.
    Baking. I am in the process of moving and I unpacked 4 boxes just to find my cookie sheets so I could bake. It is therapeutic.
    An early dinner and long walk around the block, usually with a pitstop for an ICEE along the way.
    Time at grandma's- sometimes I go home and nap or clean or do schoolwork, other times i go grocery shopping or run errands.
    To do lists- helps me stay on track when I've got a lot to do, and its a great motivator too
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Believe it or not sex is the best stress reliever. But just do something you like. Reading, painting, fishing, something quiet that isn't very simulating. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Support Group is what works best for some.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 2:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Sex with my honey really works.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Sex , shopping, girl time ( hair, medi & pedis). take a breather. Meditation, Yoga. Just take some time for yourself.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I would definitely also say that sex is a good stress release. And not to be graphic, I apologize, but sometimes I also masturbate which helps me with stress release. Exercise is another good way to release some of your stress. Another good way to relieve some stress is to draw a nice calming bath for yourself. I also listen to a lot of relaxation music to ease the stress.

Have your partner give you a nice massage.
    JerseyJen78

Answer by JerseyJen78 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I will put music on for 30 mins and dance my butt off. I will also sing at the top of my lungs!
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• yoga, pilates, bubble bath, reading a good book, sex, a good movie, venting to a friend, girls night out, mani-pedi, and journaling. I use them all and they work wonders for me!!!
    ReReJohnson

Answer by ReReJohnson at 5:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2011