I took my 11 year old for a bra fitting. The tech says she's 34d! Have you heard of such a thing??

She's not hugely overweight. She's right at 5 feet and around 100lbs. Do you think her having her period at the time of the fitting made a difference?

If anything, she gets it from me. I'm busty as well--38d but I'm also significantly overweight. 5'1, over 200lbs.

Now which type bras do you suggest for her? I usually have done sports bras only because she is very physical.

Did you have big breasts as a teen?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I was a 32 C at her age and am a 34dd now. I hated the bra's my mom would get me, they would make my boobs look like madonna's pointy bra costume she wore in that video...but anyhow as my daughter is blossoming i get her Body by Victoria unlined full coverage they aren't sexy at all and support her well and happen to be my favorite bra for myself too! I am too big for the PINK collection but those work well for my baby girl. They have a special 2/32 bucks. You can view them here http://www.victoriassecret.com/pink/2-for-32-wear-everywhere-bras
    BalooSkii

Answer by BalooSkii at 12:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I was a 34 C at her age and at the time I was not over weight either.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:39 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Make sure whatever you get her has an underwire. Sounds like she'll need the support.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I have always been busty and my 17 yo is busy also, my mother had implants go figure. My daughter wears a 32 DDD and I wear a 38DDD and I have been in a DDD since 7th grade same for her so it is normal. We buy all our bras at Lane Bryant they are about 50 a piece but you buy one get one half off. I hate under wire and she has to have them they have both kinds. Good luck.....my Daughter is wanting a breast reduction so we are checking into it this summer she is tiny wears size 1 pants so she hates her tata"s, just hope if she does go through with it the rest of her stays little cause as for me I would look really funny without them, they hold my shirt out away from the belly....LOL
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 2:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I was a c cup at her age. Now DD.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I've always had big boobs!
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I was a B at that age. By the age of 14 I was a DD, and now I am F. I would suggest underwires. I need under wire sports bras.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I was a 32 nearly A until I got pregnant with my son and went all the way up to a B. While breastfeeding I went to a D, and the difference KILLED my poor back. Juts make sure she has good back support to go with the chest support. Back problems are no fun! I hope she has an ok time in school. I know a girl who was made fun of until high school for her big boobs, and it hurt her self esteem forever.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My BFF was a 36DDD by the time she was 13. I didn't get 'em until I was 14 (when I went to a B) then by the time I was 17 I was a 34DDD. Now I'm a 32G. It's definitely not unheard of. I would suggest supportive and full coverage bras (sports bras are great). I doubt they were THAT much bigger during her period, but it's possible that they were slightly swollen.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I was stealing my moms bras at that age. She was like a 32C and I overfilled them so was probably a C or D. I was overweight, though. By the time I graduated high school I was a 40D. I hated shopping for bras. Still do. I'm a 44DDD.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2011