Do you know what nationalities you are?

I learned while doing research for a college health class that I'm half Hungarian from my mom's side (both her parents are full Hungarian) and half Czech from my dad's side (both his parents are Czech). My husband on the other hand doesn't really know everything he is, but he's definitely a small part Cherokee and Dutch.

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 2:46 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• What research lead you to find that you are Hungarian and Czech?
    Anonymous

• French Canadian, Irish, Scots and Welsh (going from greatest to smallest amounts)
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• It was primary sources from my grandparents, they live in Ohio so I never really asked them before. The assignment was to find out all of the diseases our extended family has (what joy!) to determine what sort of things we might get as we get older. My family was so cool about it, I got more than health history, I learned when everyone came over to the US and such :) But if you're asking if I did geneology research, I did not, but my dad's in charge of his family's family tree, and my mom's older brother does their family tree. Interesting stuff!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:52 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I know most of them. My family is a "lover of all people". Haha. Lets see...theres: Scottish, Irish, Anglo-Saxon (aka Britain), French, French-Canadian, Portuguese and German. That's all that I know of at the moment. I've traced one side all the way to 1600's Britain and another side all the way back to 1600's Scotland.

jltplk

Answer by jltplk at 3:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• My mother is 100% German and my father is half Irish/half Danish. It's pretty rare, I think, to be made up of only one nationality (my mother) these days. Her grandparents came over from Germany and her parents grew up speaking German.
    Anonymous

• Irish, Welsh, British, Gypsies (i've tried researching and think they originated from india).
    Anonymous

• im german.. both my parents are.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I'm english, irish, dutch, french, indian, german ( on my moms side, her dad was half french and half cherokee indian), my dads side is all german.
    ffwife48

Answer by ffwife48 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I am 3/4 German and 1/4 Russian

(My mom is 100% German, My dad is 50/50 German and Russian)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I am Italian. 100%
    Jennifer875

Answer by Jennifer875 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 27, 2008