Exterminator?

I am literally about to just set down and cry. My husband and i have been battleing bugs (ants, spiders, and roaches) since we bought this stupid house! I hate it! I can't seem to get ahead and the roaches ARE EVERYWHERE! :( I clean, i spray bug poison and even buy the cocking poison but nothing is helping. I have an interview in my home on Wednesday to possibly watch a 2 month old. I have to try to atleast see if they will allow me to watch the child in my home b/c I have a 2 year old and I'd rather him break my stuff (if it were to happen) than to break someone else's stuff. Do I just up front tell the ppl we battle this or let it be? I know i should get an exterminator but are there any affordable ones? Or are they all outrageous? would it solve my problem in one to two visits? Sorry I literally hate this and I know im asking a bunch of questions but it anyone can give me advice please do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Call a few exterminators in the yellow pages (book or online) and ask for a quote. They may have to visit to give a quote. If they do not offer a free quote call the next one. Also ask if they offer any sort of guarantee. Some do. Only they can tell you how many times they would need to come out. For the ants you can place ant baits/traps outside along the foundation of your home. And put them in places hwere no child will find them. I would not tell a mom that you are battling this problem. And I would not take in a child until you have an exterminator come in. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• *where*
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• We have a company that comes in once every three months. They charge us $35 for that visit. If we need them to come back they come back out for free. Greatest thing I ever did was calling around getting and exterminator to come out. Get some quotes and see if somebody will price match or beat the price.

As for the babysitting thing. . . . I would want to know if my potential babysitters house was having a bug problem. Truth be told I would not have my child there either. I don't mean to hurt your feelings I am sure you are trying but get an exterminator in there as fast as you can. You probably spend more on off the shelf items then what you would for an exterminator to come out quarterly.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I agree I would hold off the babysitting job until the bugs are under control. You would feel real bad if a spider bit the baby.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2011