My 3 and 5 year old boys met some friends at the park the other day and they got along well together. The other boys were with their dad, who suggested they get together sometime in the future for a playdate. I'm worried he may intend to hit on me, but I thought the other boys were nice and wouldn't mind getting together with them again. Thoughts?

soflobabymama

Asked by soflobabymama at 2:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Did the dad do anything other than suggesting they have a play date to give you the impression he wants to hit on you? Maybe he really just want his kids to have some friends to play with... As long as the play date is in a public place, I really don't think you should assume anything about the dad at all...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My youngest had a friend that was dropped off frequently by his dad. I never met the mom but it wasn't an issue. We chatted a bit but the main focus was the kids. I really see no problem with your situation.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If the boys enjoyed playing together maybe the dad is just wanting them to play together again. It wouldn't do any harm to meet the dad and the boys at the park another time. If he does hit on you and you aren't interested just say no and refuse any more playdates.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I'd get the boys together. If dad hit on me once it wouldn't bother me, I'd just gently but firmly let him know I am not on the market. Not a big deal.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I would think that too. I would agree to meeting at the same park so the kids could play, but nothing more. And tell your husband about it. Don't hide it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Thanks for all the feedback! No, he didn't do anything specifically to make me think he's flirting, but I learned in our conversation that he's a surgeon and lives in a million dollar community. I'm not a supermodel but have been hit on from time to time, so I'm cautious that he may have alternate intentions.
    soflobabymama

Comment by soflobabymama (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Do u know 4 sure that he is not married? R u married? I talk to Dad's all the time at the playground & I am happily married & never think of it as alterior motives. I figure we both have kids, thats something in common we can talk about. If u r warry, recc. that u have another playdate at the playground. then u can be in a safe public place where u can get to know his situation & you can reveal yours, if u r married.
    deniselvt

Answer by deniselvt at 5:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i see no problem with it.. if he happend to hit on u just stand your ground
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I see no problem with it either, if anything happens out of the way on his part tell him up front, how you feel.
    motherof33333

Answer by motherof33333 at 8:51 AM on Mar. 29, 2011