Hi everyone i am TTC after 3yrs and 5 ms of being on the mirena iuc and i was wondering who has had a successful pregnancy or even had any miscarriages after the removal of the bc i am terrified after all the storys i have read just looking for some reassuance i would love to hear everyones story thanks =)

yoqueromucho

Asked by yoqueromucho at 2:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am on the mirena. As soon as the Mirena is removed, you can have a successful pregnancy. The only problems with pregnancy and Mirena is if you get pregnant WHILE ITS IN. Then you can have probs from ectopic pregnancy, to miscarriage, birth defects, and even death in the mothers. Just make sure youre ready for baby before you remove it!! As soon as its gone, youre able to get pregnant. There is no waiting period.
    ReReJohnson

Answer by ReReJohnson at 3:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I had the Mirena in for 2 1/2 years and well I'm pregnant! lol. .
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 2:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Not on the Mirena.. sorry. Wanted to clarify.. I had it in after my 3rd child was born and got it taken out March 2010. Got pregnant in September and wasn't even trying. =)
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 2:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2011