Setting to friends only isn't enough. Did you know?

Even if a page is set to private, viewable to friends only, you can still see a CMer's recent activity, chatterbox, friends and groups etc by using their user id #. Did you know?
If you want true privacy from other CMers set each widget to friends only otherwise anyone can ghost your page widget by widget!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in About CafeMom

• yup i know , besides nothing is every truly private. you can view posts in private groups by finding the right forum board viewing site .
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 3:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Ehh..I have nothing to hide.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yeah I knew.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I set my profile to allow ANY CafeMom member to view it. I have nothing to hide on here, and don't mind mom's getting to know a little about ME.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Just checked this out again and even if a widget is set to friends only it can be viewed whether you're a CM member or NOT. Disappointing! But a reminder of how insecure the internet is I guess.
    Fortunately, all private inbox messages look secure [except to the CafeMom team of course].
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If it is on the internet, it is not private

Answer by rkoloms at 7:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2011