Somethings fishy

I need to know what you think without bashing. My brother was raising his four kids alone because their mom had depression and anxiety,he worked out in the oil fields and she called him one day and said she needed him to come home and help her with the kids. My brother did just that he quit his well paying job to help her out. She up and left her kids and noone saw her again till a few weeks later,she just let my brother take over. Anyways apparently she was trying to get custody of the kids again and my brother didnt want that happening because he loves his kids. His ex wife was also planning on moving out of state and this is the reason she was trying to get the kids back. My niece was babysitting for one of her moms friends and all of a sudden a few days went by and my brother didnt see his kids,then one day my brother is being accused of touching his daughter she didnt want to press charges but the state is doing it. My niece told the officer that it happened a couple times over a course of a couple years. I don't think this happened I think that what happened is my sister in law wanted the kids and my brother wasn't having it and she told my niece to lie because then my brother would have no way of keeping cutody of the kids. She actually did move away and now she is talking to him and she is letting him talk to one his daughters. I seriousl;y think theirs something wrong with this puzzle and I have to go to court soon with my brother. I do say ok maybe he did do something BUT I highly doubt that. He has taken all the tests he needs and he is innocent on all those tests and evaluations. One of the test he took was very invasive and it took two days. I know their are kids like myself out their that get molested and sexually assaulted I know also that some kids lie about this crap to get their way and it pisses me off. But at the same time what do I do? I have to go to court and I'm trying to help my brother,he's been in tears and I had to talk him out of suicide. He just wants his family back. I wish you could see how much he is hurting this why I feel strongly that he is innocent. My daughter use to hang out with her cousin,and one day she said her cousin was pissed off cause she had to watch her sisters and was sick of the bullshit,she told my daughter and this is what my daughter said said her cousin stated, " I'm gonna make up a lie that everyone will believe then I won't have to live here anymore. I will also say that this girl use to come to my house a LOT and she was always happy and full of life and energy nothing out of the ordinary seemed wrong at all. I don';t know what to do or even what to think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Just wanted to add that she didnt want the kids back till she decided a few years later that she wanted to move away with her new boyfriend that she had been dating since my brother and her seperated.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I think that no one ever knows what goes on really behind closed doors. If you feel the need to support your brother then do that, but an allegation like this wont just go away. If the dd felt so strongly against living with him that she made up this lie then it is probably best she not live with him at all. She will just do it again, and after so many times it is taken either as fact or as a childs cry for help out of the household. In the end she gets her way. Your brother needs to come to terms with the idea his idea of his family is over. There is nothing he can ever do to get it back. Family counseling would be one thing I would ask for in court though, and Id make the judge make it manditory.

Answer by gemgem at 3:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Be careful with what you call fishy. I was molested by my brother and not a soul believed me. My family actually disowned me for speaking up.
    Anonymous