What is your biggest regret about your labor and delivery ? What did you like most ? what made it so special ?

If you could go back to that special day, what would you change ? what made you proud of yourself (exept of course the fact that you GAVE BIRTH to an amazing person)?

My biggest regret is that I gave birth laying on my back ( the pain paralysed me on that position...), and I am proud I had a natural childbirth, yep no medication, and my son was sucking on my breast a minute after he was born !

kokomaman

Asked by kokomaman at 3:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I regret something I had no control over. I didnt have any breast milk by the time DS was 5 weeks old. I was even on Rx to boost the flow and nothing worked :(
    I am proud that I did 12 hours of unmedicated labor ( planned to do all natural birth ) before having to succumb to a c-section .
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 3:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• allowing pitocin even though I knew the evils of it. And not asking for a 2nd opinion on the spot once I got the "your baby is stuck time for a c section" speech.

It was special though because we both survived..... and hearing him cry was like angels singing
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• my 1st born my mom asked if she could be there and I told her it was okay I wanted it to be just me and the father...I wished she had been there.
    my 2nd I asked for drugs and wished I hadn't I don't do good medicated
    my 3rd went very well
    my last was a c-section but I do wish for all the deliveries there were pictures taken during labor and after each one was born
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I think I would have gone without the epidural the first time around. I think I would have pushed better. so this time around, I'm going to try to go without it. I was also induced the 1st time and I kind of regret that, but at the same time, the day he was born has some significance to it.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Hmmm...I don't regret getting the epidural...it made the experience awesome for me...I was able to laugh and joke with my mom, grandma and sister (all of whom were present) instead of being out of my mind with pain lol....I think my biggest regret is not letting them take pictures or video of me giving birth...I think I would have enjoyed looking back at that experience.

I was proud of myself for not letting them talk me into having another C-section...I wanted a vaginal birth and that's what I got (my first was born via emergency c-section...she didnt make it)

Other then letting my mom video the experience I don't have any regrets.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If I could go back, I would change that my husband would be there. He is military and was deployed overseas at the time. He missed the birth by 8 days. I would also change that more pictures be taken! Not of me, but of my son. I don't feel like very many pictures were taken of him when he was first born.
    I was most proud of myself for going all day in labor and refusing to go to the hospital. Being my first, I didn't want to go to the hospital and be sent home for false labor, or be so early in my labor that I would just 'hang out' at the hospital forever. So I waited and waited until my mother came over and practically made me get in the car so she could take me. When they checked me I was already at a 5.
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• With my first I am proud of myself for delivering naturally. My regret is not letting her come when she was ready. I was a week overdue, but after she was born she was diagnosed with infant apnea, she acted like she was premature. With my second I was most proud of delivering naturally once again ( she was a more painful labor because she came so quickly) I regret not going to the hospital sooner. She was in distress and I had a high fever and highly dehydrated. I should have told the doctors to do a c-section. When she was coming out her heart stopped beating and I should have realized quicker that they needed to get her out! Her heartrate during contractions would go from 190 to 50. I knew something was very wrong. But after 5 min. Of the doctors and nurses working on her she finally cried. She is now a happy, healthy 19 month old :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• with my first - my biggest regret was that I didnt kick him out of the room.. I had to sit there and listen to him whine that HE was tired and that HE didn't like the smell of copper and that HE was bored and worse of all I had to sit there and deal with HIM watching girls gone wild previews.. he wrecked our daughters birth.. i can never look back as see it as anything magical because he was so selfish..

with my second - Labor was perfect, sure my eppie didnt work but I was a natural Mom!! He wasnt there this time so I didnt have to worry.. the only thing i regret about it was that i was in a hospital that didnt speak english (germany) and I didnt have the correct change to pay for parking.. spent about an hour hunting down an ATM
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If I could change something, I never would have gone to the hospital because I didn't want a hospital birth anyway (but it's illegal in my state to have an assisted home birth). The only thing that went my way was not having drugs. I will never birth in a hospital again unless there is an emergency.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• With my first my mom wanted to be there and she was really in the way and almost passed out several times. Looking back I would have told her no. With my second my regret was the horrendous back labor, but I don't know how that could be prevented.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2011