Am I crazy or do others think this way?

I have no idea who I really am? I'm 31 years old and know that I'm a mother, because I have children, I know that I'm good at basketball, I know that I'm a daughter because I was born, I know my age because I know my birthday etc. However, I really don't know my life purpose...I'm confused. I'm stuggling with this because it's just about time to go back to work. I've had jobs in the past and they were fine but I was never passionate about them.
How did you figure this question out in your life? Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Health

• Unfortunately some of us never do...I'm one. I've never been passionate about anything except raising my children/grandchildren, that is also my only purpose on earth. So I'm no help...all I can say is GOOD LUCK TO YOU and I hope you find it soon.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Make a list of your talents. Then, make a list of things that jazz you. Show your list to a friend, husband, or post it on here and ask someone to look and give you a list of professions that you might we well suited for.

I have a certain "work" track, but my life purpose, actually has to do with more spiritual aspects of how I am with humanity, in general. The two don't really mix with me, but I try to be true to my main "spiritual" purpose through everything I do.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Thank you meooma. I believe you are right-some of us may never find out or maybe it just might pop up. It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one. Although, you are passionate about your family and that is awesome.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I think children put every thing in our lives in a different light. Before becoming a mother working was working... but now you have a different out look and life means so much more. IF you can afford to take a bit more time off try to look for work that has more meaning... or even consider staying home (if that is possible). I think children make us take a deeper look at EVERYthing.
    Anonymous

• Thank you ImaginationMama, very good advice.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yes . . . never underestimate the incredible and important work that you do everyday as a mom and a matriarch! The influence of your love and guidance spreads far beyond your family unit.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• totally normal...
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 3:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• You could write down the things you love to do for starters. See if any of them could lead to a job/career. But your job does not have to be your passion, although it is nice. You can foster your passion outside of work too. I know a girl who worked a mundane job simply so she would have money to raise and train horses which was her passion. You might want to look at some books on self actualization in a good bookstore. Google it for titles and then browse through them in the store. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Have you heard the Reba McEntyre song "Is There Life Out There"? Might be one for you to listen to.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 3:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I have a pretty cool, exiting life, I was backpacking for a year in central america, then I got pregnant and live in northen california, I think I am really free, and have a good life, still I am not happy most of the time. Why ? I dont know...I guess i just dont like who I am. I think I am not intersting person... My son makes me forget about it though...
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 3:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2011