im so upset

i started my job about 2 months ago and its bad enough i have 2 be away from my 9 month daughter but i had 2 work 2 day 2 fill in for someone but he won't do it in return i asked him if he could take my spot sat so i could have one thankgiving dinner with my family. but he said hes busy and 2 top it off i have 2 work christmas my daughter first christmas and i don't get 2 spend the day with her or my family i dunno what 2 do im so upset im at work crying :.(

Asked by butterscotch297 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Holidays

• Aww sweetie! Try to calm down. Remember, this year, thankfully she is too young to realize time. Heck you could have her Christmas the day before and she'd never know. Just remember that whatever time you spend with her is the most important thing. This is her first Christmas. Take pictures, home movies, etc just like you would if you were off work. You are out working making sure that you feed, clothe and house your child - not off playing bingo! Be kind to yourself and cherish this time with her. This is a time to make and keep traditions that are important to you. It's how you pass on your legacy. You will have a wonderful holiday when you let yourself relax. Your LO will be happy with whatever time you give her - no matter when it happens. Happy Holidays and PM me if you ever want to talk.

Answer by Babylove76 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• You shouldn't have to work both holidays back to back like that, go to your supervisor and if they won't let you off work, then request a 1/2 day. So sorry for you.

Answer by Kimebs at 3:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• awwww thanx u guys

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Call in sick Christmas Day. Everyone else does it, why not you?

• im worried i don't want 2 get fired

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• You are a good mother. I agree with the above poster, the actual day doesn't matter, it is the celebration. Have a wonderful time whenever you can arrange it. (((hugs)))

Answer by Bmat at 4:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2008