Sorry if this has been posted about already, but, what do you think about this Abercrombid and Fitch mess?

With their padded push up bikini tops for 7 year olds??? Isn't that crazy? I cringe when my daughter, who is 9, wants to wear a bikini. I couldn't imagine her wanting to wear one with a padded top!

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Companies are wanting kids to grow up too fast. They should be fined.

Anonymous

• I dont have a problem with it actually. My girls have worn bikinis since they could walk. I dont find anything sexual about a little girl in a bikini. To each their own. Would I buy one for mine? I doubt it. I do know though they sell regular bras in that size as well.

Answer by gemgem at 3:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I don't have an issue with it and if my daughter wanted one I would buy it for her. They currently have string bikinis by Billabong. I don't find anything sexual at all about little girls in bikinis. The child molesters will be looking for sweet innocent girls wearing one pieces!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 3:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Every time I think of lillte girls in bikinis I think of JonBenet Ramsey...My daughter & i were just discussing bikinis & her 4 yr old. Sorry I think it's inappropriate & by putting one on your daughter your just opening a box of worms . Call me old fashioned but little girls need to stay little
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• exactly, child molesters will find your child anywhere, and they dont need a bikini on to be targeted.

Answer by gemgem at 4:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Abercrombie and Fitch has pushed the limits before. I actually quit subscribing to Parents Magazine about 10 years ago because of their advertising. Their advertisements had very young girls in provocative clothing and poses. It does bother me because I think it takes away a child's innocence when they grow up too quickly, and they aren't ready for adult behavior.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• To each their own. My 6 and 9 year olds don't buy anything without parental supervision.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• The whole thing is padded push up tops. To accentuate. I personally don't think that young girls should be shown that way, or have the option of dressing that way. My daughter does have a bikini, but no way is the top padded, nor is it push up!
    I understand child molesters will look for innocent girls no matter what they look like, no matter what they are wearing. I'm not just concerned with them though.
    Raine2001

Comment by Raine2001 (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I just noticed I added a 'd' to Abercrombie in my title, instead of the 'e'. Oh well.

I have never been in their store, and don't look at their ads. I just have heard the story on HLN. But I have noticed that most girls tops are sized small. Like, the size 9/10 should fit my 9 year old. But most are tight on her. And she's small for her age. I don't want her dressing like she's from Little House on the Prairie, but I'd like her clothes to fit, and I'd like her to dress her age. She's gonna be enough trouble when she's older as it is.
    Raine2001

Comment by Raine2001 (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• The whole thing is padded push up tops

~And parents need to do their job and PARENT. No matter commercial/media/Hollywood-esque influences. When Abercrombie sees a loss in revenue, they will realize their error. If parents are going to buy that type of suit for a 7 year old, there's bigger issues in the family/parenting style. Jmo
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2011